Hollidaysburg Area School District
Guest Substitute Teacher Program
BECOME A HOLLIDAYSBURG AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT GUEST SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
This program is for individuals who do not hold a PA Teaching certificate.
The Hollidaysburg Area School District is interested in finding qualified personnel to serve as guest substitute teachers. Substitutes are needed to replace regular classroom teachers during training sessions and/or leave time.
WHAT YOU NEED
- bachelor's degree in any subject area from an accredited college / university in the U.S. – official sealed transcripts must be submitted
- HASD Guest Teacher Application (see substitutes, guest teacher) completed and required paperwork.
- acceptable PA State Criminal Background, Department of Human Services Child Abuse Background Check, and FBI Fingerprint Clearance - use service code 1KG6XN for FBI Clearance.
- acceptable completion of Act 168 Sexual Misconduct Employment History Review(s)
- successful completion of guest teacher training offered by the Hollidaysburg Area School District or Intermediate Unit 8.
GUEST TEACHER TRAINING
During training, you will talk with teachers, learn techniques to deal with today's students and review effective teaching topics. This is a two-day training offered free of charge by the Hollidaysburg Area School District. You will be retroactively paid for these two days after the Hollidaysburg School Board has approved you for inclusion on the Guest Substitute Teacher list.
MANDATED CHILD ABUSE REPORTING TRAINING
Effective January 2, 2013 all substitutes will be required to attend a 3 hour Mandated Child Abuse Reporting Training. Training must be through an approved provider. Information for free Child Abuse training is available online.
HOW TO APPLY
To begin the Guest Teacher application process, contact William Madden at William.Madden@hasdtigers.com
HASD Guest Teacher Application (see substitutes, guest teacher)
If you hold a PA Teaching certificate you should not apply for this program – contact the Hollidaysburg School District Human Resource Department.
To request an accessible version of any non-accessible District document, please email your request to Ben.Caldwell@hasdtigers.com. The District sometimes publishes documents from other agencies; in these instances, we invite you to contact the third party agency directly to request an accessible version.