New Arrival & Safety ProceduresThe Holldiaysburg Area School District will be continuing to use Lobby Guard at our entrance in response to our Safe Schools policy. Additionally, Frankstown Elementary has implemented changes as of May 21, 2018 to increase our security efforts. We appreciate you cooperation and patience as we transition to these new procedures.For Students Who Ride a Bus:
- School breakfast begins at 8:30am; as has been the case all year, no student will be allowed in the building prior to 8:30am unless something is scheduled in advance with a teacher.
- Students will remain on their buses until 8:45am, unless they are eating school breakfast or have something scheduled in advance with a teacher
If you are dropping your child off at school before 8:50am, you are reqested to abide by the following rules to ensure the safety of all students:
- School breakfast will begin at 8:30am; no student will be allowed in the building prior to 8:30am unless something is scheduled in advance with a teacher
- Students will remain in their drop-off vehicles until 8:50am, unless they are eating school breakfast or have something scheduled in advancew with a teacher
- Parents are to form one line of traffic closest to the housing development in the North parking lot (kindergarten wing side)
- Drive down the lot and pull even with the sidewalk leading into the kindergarten wing
- Students will exit their vehicles and enter school through the kidnergarten wing doors (school staff members and safety patrols will be there to assist students in safely)
- Parents are to remain in their behicles and once students are safely out of their vehicles, drive slowly and safely on the outside of parked buses along the front of the building
- For parents that arrive before 8:45am but have students who do not eat breakfast, please park in the South parking lot (to side of the YMCA building) to allow for the flow of breakfast traffic, then drive to the North lot at 8:50am and fill in the drop off line
- Once buses are gone, you may pull up in front of the school, as you normally have in the past, and drop your child off in the front of the building
If you are dropping your child off at school after 8:50am, you are requested to abide by the following rules to ensure the safety of all students:
- Once buses are gone, you may enter and pull up in front of the school, as you normaly have in the past, and drop your child off in the front of the building
- The further you pull up, the easier it will be for all
Dropping off a lunchbox, backpack, instrument, etc?
- Fill out the "item drop-off" slip in the vestibule
- Set lunchbox, backpack, instrument, etc. on the item drop-off table and attach slip on top
- Buzz in to let school personnel know item is there
- School personnel will pick item(s) up from vestibule as soon as possible
Picking up a student during school hours?
- Bring your photo ID to the vestibule
- Use Lobby Guard
- Buzz in to let school personnel know who you are picking up
- Wait in the vestibule for your child to be dismissed to you
Our goal is to have a more secure building for our students and staff. We appreciate your cooperation.
Gym Walk-Up End of the Day Dismissal
The Hollidaysburg Area School District will be continuing to use Lobby Guard at our entrances in response to our Safe Schools policy. As we have an increasing number of parents/guardians picking up students at the end of the day, and due to the fact that our Permanent Parent Pick-Up line has a capacity limit, we want to have a more convenient dismisal procedure for parents/guardians while maintaining the safety of all our students. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we continue our transition to this new procedure.
The Gym Walk-Up Dismissal will be for parents that pick-up their student every day and have signed up in the office. You are requested to abide by the following rules to ensure the safety of all students:
- You must remain in your car until 3:05 PM. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
- At 3:10 PM, adults picking up students are to line up on the sidewalk underneath the gym overhang to the gym doors. There will be no need to enter the school.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARK ALONG THE DRIVEWAY, IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL, OR IN THE YMCA LOT.
- When you get to the gym door, please present your placard to pick up your student(s). Students WILL NOT be released unless a placard is presented. This is for the safety of the students as, at any given time, there may be a substitute or a staff member on duty that is not familiar with you. If you do not follow the above stipulations, your priviledge will be revoked.
- Once the staff member sees your placard, he or she will dismiss your student(s) to you.
Our goal is to have a more convenient dismissal procedure for parents while maintaining the safety of all students. We appreciate your cooperation.
End of the Day Dismissal-Outside Lobby Pick-Up
This end of the day pick-up is designed for those parents or guardians who DO NOT PICK-UP EVERY DAY. These parents or guardians will enter the outside lobby vestibule and sign out their student(s) by using the forms located at the left hand side of the vestibule, you will then wait outside of the building entrance until the students are dismissed. The forms will be retrieved at approximately 3:10PM and taken to the office. After the afternoon announcements are made, the students whose names are on the list will be dismissed to the lobby where school personnel will dismiss them to their awaiting parent or guardian. There will be no need for parents or guardians to enter the school to pick up a student.