Welcome to Music 8 - Mrs. Pappal
For ORCHESTRA information click here.
Music 8 - Mrs. Pappal
Music 8 is a required semester course for all eighth grade students. Students develop music literacy skills and basic piano skills through the use of the Yamaha Music In Education keyboard lab. In addition, students learn the history of American music, including folk music and jazz.
During this course, students will develop their knowledge of music through such activities as:
- playing simple songs on the piano keyboards
- listening to various styles of music
- improvising short melodies and rhythm patterns using the keyboards
- composing short songs using the keyboards
- discussing relationships between history and music