Hollidaysburg Area School District
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
201 Jackson Street, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
Dwight Straesser, Director of Human Resources/
Dwight Straesser has been employed as Human Resources/Transportation director since 1989. He holds a Master's Degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology from The University of Akron and a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Penn State. Prior to working for HASD he held a position as Human Resources director for the Home Nursing Agency and has also had experience in vocational testing and retail management. Click here to visit the Human Resources Dept.
Last updated 3/9/09
TO: Applicants for Teaching Positions
FROM: Dwight Straesser, Director of Human Resources
Thank you for your interest in becoming a professional employee of the Hollidaysburg Area School District. This is an excellent school district and we are actively seeking outstanding people to join our staff.
In order for your application to be considered, you will need to provide us with the following materials:
- The Application Form - Please complete all of the information requested on the standard application and include your credential file with
- your Praxis Test Scores and
- at least 3 reference letters. We request that you provide us with three letters of recommendation from current or former employers and evaluations of student teaching.
- Include an official college transcript.
- Also include a copy of your teaching certificate.
- Include a current resume. Please be sure to include complete addresses with zip codes for all former employers (including student teaching experience) and personal references.
Criminal History Act 34 Form
- Please read the directions on the form carefully. You should send the form to Harrisburg (or complete on-line at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
for processing as soon as possible). It takes at least two weeks to process via mail. If you already have an Act 34 form within the last 12 months, it is not necessary to complete another one. Submit a copy with your application. If you are contacted for an interview, you must bring the original form with you.
Child Abuse Act 151 Form
- You must provide us with a copy of the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Public Welfare. This form may be obtained from our office or on-line at www.dpw.state.pa.us
, or by calling the Childline and Abuse Registry, Department of Public Welfare, P.O. Box 8170, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170 at 717-783-6211. Please print clearly or type the requested information in Section I only. Check the "School Employment" block, sign the form, and enclose a $10 money order payable to the Department of Public Welfare. The processed clearance will be returned to your current address and you must forward it to the School District.
- FBI Clearance - Effective 4/1/07 all applicants for school district employment will also have to submit an FBI clearance. A form may be obtained from our Human Resources Office on Jackson Street. Here is more information about the FBI clearance (Click here). Please submit your registration ID number in order for the District to have access to on-line results.
If you are hired by the District, it will be necessary to have a Health Form completed by your physician prior to your first day of work. If you already have a completed health record within the last three months, you may submit it with your application. Your hiring will be contingent upon completion of a satisfactory pre-employment physical
Your application will not be considered active until all the necessary forms are completed and on file. If you are not selected for an interview, your application will remain active for one year.
Please contact the Human Resources Office at 814-695-5585 if you need assistance with any of the forms. The School District welcomes your application and assures you that it will be given equal consideration with all other applications. The Hollidaysburg Area School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Questions regarding Titles IX and VI should be directed to Dwight Straesser, Director of Human Resources; questions regarding Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act should be directed to the Philip Smith, Director of Physical Plant.